Oct 9, 2012

Seeing Stars

Hello ALL,  Jessica here.
Today is my day as a Featured Designer
and 
as I always share
how super excited I am
to play with all of the 3 Girl JAM
products available,
this project is no exception!!!

And don't forget to link up your
Anything Goes (w/ Ribbon) Projects
to the
3 Girl JAM #4 Challenge

This is the first chance I got
to play with the wonderful
Teresa Collings - Sweet Afternoon 
papers and embellishments.

To begin, I created some fun 
3-D stars using my Tablescapes -Spring and Summer 
Cricut Cartridge.
I used medium grade chipboard 
and cut the stars at 5".

I wanted to get out as much 3 Girl JAM product as possible
to use on this project.

I gathered a few coordinating colors of Crinkle Ribbon
and fun Triple Thick, 12 Strand Twine.
I didn't get to use the twine, like I had planned though :(
Maybe next week :)
Along with a few matching
resins, bling and other embellishments.

Here are the stars after being covered
with the beautiful papers. 

I originally planned to pleat the crinkle ribbon
along the inner corners of each star.  But that proved to be quite
difficult when I tried to use my ATG gun.
So, I improvised by twirling the ribbon
and using some Glue Dots and Zots
to line the inner corners instead.
I used the following colors of 3 Girl JAM Ribbon
Baby Girl Pink
Baby Boy Blue
Antique White
Sunflower Yellow
and
Christmas Candy

Here is the finished Mobile
and some close up shots
 of the 3-D stars.

  





 There are a lot more details at my personal blog, Jessica's Craft Shaque,
 if you would like to read up on how this Star Mobile
was created.

Thank you so much for stopping in today
and
be sure to stop over to
the
3 Girl JAM Blog to stock up
on all the inspirational projects and creations
that have been shared
by all of the Design Team members
and Guest Designer.

Remember 
to 
Keep 
Crafting 
:O) 
Jessica

7 comments:

  1. Jessica!!!!!! Holy Moly this is super fantastic!!! You sure put everything into this project... This would make such an awesome gift at a baby shower... brilliant girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Jessica! Love the different colors and embellishment.

    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry so late..... gee wiz this is fabulous. Great job this is a lot of work. love love love did i say love???
    hee hee
    Loves
    Madge

    ReplyDelete