Oct 16, 2012

FALL greetings w/Burlap and Crinkle Ribbon (oh my!)

Hello and Happy Tuesday
my sweet Blends!
Jessica here with you today!

Tuesdays, hmmmm....what could that mean?
Well, it means that I get to tell 
you about the fun I had
with my 3 Girl JAM Crinkle Ribbon and Burlap!

I like that I tried to go CAS on this one,
but still struggled with stopping
at a point that doesn't require
more...that is really hard for me...he he he!

I grabbed my box of 3 Girl JAM goodies
(yes they are in their own special box...equipped with a
on the front for easy finding!)
see......

Did you know you can get your
very own CUSTOM Flair Button
with your Personal or Business Blog
Logo or Blinkie design?
Yep, just click this >>>Link Here<<<

I really owe my inspiration 
to the current  
and a few others that I listed at my 
personal blog - Jessica's Craft Shaque.

If you like to play with Ribbon
then the current challenge is for you.
Why don't you LINK UP???
 You can do so at the Challenge Blog
and even right here
I grabbed my Goblin Green and Harvest Orange
Crinkle Ribbon and my roll of
fabulous 3 Girl JAM Burlap.  
I first inked up my white doily with TH Antique Linen.
Then I threaded the fun Goblin Green ribbon through
the existing holes on the doily.  This is a bit tricky
and requires a little bit of patience if your doily is made of paper. LOL
The Harvest Orange was pleated on top of the burlap 
and ran in a wave pattern.
The whimsical pumpkins are from a my little shoebox* set 
by Unity called - a little trick or treat.  
The ink was Orange by Rubber Stampede. 
I cut 2 circles with my 2" circle punch, placed one directly'
on the back of the doily and added foam squares, 
then placed the 2nd circle below that. 

I stamped the sentiment directly on to my Kraft card stock
using Jumbo Java and one of the adorable 
sentiment stamps in the Bella Blvd set 
by Unity called - Finally Fall.
I then stamped the burlap using 
my Christy Tomlinson - Chevron Background Stamp by Unity 
and some VersaMagic - Jumbo Java brown ink.
I tried with a bit of orange and green, but they didn't show so well.  
I then went over the entire piece with the brown again.

Now, if you haven't stopped over to 
lately, then you are missing out 
on some amazing deals.

Thanks for stopping by today
and 
Remember 
to 
Keep Crafting, 
Because 
♫ CRAFTING ♫ 
♫ ROCKS ♫ 
\m/-_-\m/
:O) 
Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Awhile ago i bought some doilies with a project in mind, then, when i got home i couldn't find the blog that had it. So i am thrilled to see yours. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, you did a great job with this one! I love how you wove the ribbon through the doily and the contrast of ribbon and burlap! You are so talented girl!
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Halloween card, Jess! I left you some love at your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete