Oct 11, 2012

Coin Wrapper Treat Holder

Don't you just love Fall?  I do!  I love the beautiful colors and the cooler air.  It even seems to smell crisp.  This is Cheri from DJ's Sundries and I have a special project to share with you today.  These little treat holders were filled with so many firsts for me.  Of course, what little Fall project would be complete without some of the gorgeous Sunflower ribbon from the Harvest Bundle?  So sit down with a nice cup of coffee and enjoy the essence of Fall wrapped in a little package.


I have never made a sour cream treat container before so this was one "first" for me.  They really are easy.  You just take a cylinder and seal off one end with a strong adhesive.  You then seal the other end going in the other direction.  For this reusable treat container, I just punched 2 holes in the top and tied a bow with the 3GJ Sunflower ribbon. Viola! You have a sour cream container.

This brings me to the next "first".  The cylinder in this case was made using a coin wrapper, specifically a quarter wrapper.  This was not an original idea for me but was a swap.  Isn't that a fun idea?

The final "first" was the stick pin.  No, it's not the first time that I used one.  It was the first time I made one.

Other supplies:
Lace from my stash
Recollections flower and leaves
"Fall-O-Ween" stamp set from K. Andrew Designs
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Fall 2011 seasonal pack
Gesso

Would you like a full tutorial and to sneak a peak at the treat inside?  Click here to head over to DJ's Sundries and watch the video.  Thanks for stopping by and remember to take time to enjoy the little things.

3 comments: