Jun 4, 2013

"Flower Wand" by Jessica B.


HEYA BLENDS . . . . Jessica B. with you today
and I am sharing a fun project with all of you
and asking you
...
Are you ready to Link Up with 
the Newest 3 Girl JAM Challenge?




Challenge #19 -
Theme: Anything Goes w/Ribbon
Date: May 24th - June 13th
Sponsor:   3 Girl JAM
Prize: 
$10 GC and Guest Designer Spot

The Design Team has shared some fabulous projects with you since the first day of the Challenge, so do stop by the 3 Girl JAM Challenge Blog to view all the scrumptious creations and wonderful inspiration.

EASY PEASY FLOWER WAND
I gathered all of my 3 Girl JAM Crinkle Ribbon  and picked out the "girlie" colors to make my sweet 5 year old daughter a Flower Wand.  She LOVES Purple (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;) ) and is a girlie girl.  I grabbed the following colors to use in my project:
Purple Passion from the Royal Bundle
Cherry Lipstick from the Pink and White Bundle
Merlot and London Blue from the Wine and Jewels Bundle
Witches Brew from the Spooky Bundle


To keep the Flower Wand "Kid Friendly", I added several 3-D foam adhesive squares around the sharp end of the skewer before adding the ribbon.  I wrapped the wooden skewer with London Blue Crinkle Ribbon to start.  I cut several small lengths of all the colors I chose and applied them to the upper portion of the wand.  I then added a variety of paper and foam flowers in matching colors.  A few more wisps of ribbon around the wire stems of the flowers and all the imperfections were covered.

I felt the wand needed a little more of something, so I twisted a silver pipe cleaner around the wand handle.

I made a few Purple Passion thick bows with the help of my trusty sidekick, the 3 Girl JAM Bow Maker

I applied the bows to the underside of the "bouquet".

This project didn't take too long to complete and
I am certain that my Little Princess is sure to love it
when I surprise her with it in the morning.

Thanks EVER SO MUCH
lovely Blends and 3 Girl JAMmers
for stopping by today.

We hope you will JOIN THE FUN
at the 3 Girl JAM Challenge Blog
and can't wait to see
all of your fantastic creations
with Ribbon!

Remember to Keep Crafting, 
Because 
♫ CRAFTING ♫ ♫ ROCKS ♫ 
\m/-_-\m/ 
:O) Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty! If my daughters were still young I would have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete