Apr 26, 2014

Guest Designer Cara from A Lady and Her Crafts

Hello everyone.  This is Cheri from DJ's Sundries and I am so excited to be introducing this week's Guest Designer, Cara, from "A Lady and Her Crafts".  I actually first found her on YouTube.  She makes amazing videos and I have followed her on YouTube for a long time.  You should really check her out on YouTube by clicking here.  Her sparkling personality is paralleled with her amazing crafting ability.  So without further ado...

In Cara's own words:
Here in Alaska the snow is finally starting to melt…things are starting to perk up and get green. I think that's why I was drawn to the beautiful green seam binding…I am so ready for SPRING! So the first thing I did was to alter the adorable muslin bags I received….here they are:


Here's a close up:


The supplies for this project were: seam binding and muslin bag (3 Girl Jam) sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Love Deeply sentiment stamp from Group Hugs stamp set (Paper Smooches), Simplicity sentiment stamp from New Day stamp set (Precious Remembrance Shop), both dress stamps by Inkadinkado and Moon Shadow Mist (Lindy's Stamp Gang). Whew!

Next I made some thank you tags which included my first attempt at a shaker box. 

Here they are:


And here's another close-up.


The supplies for this project were: green seam binding (love, love, love it) from (3 Girl Jam), Dear Lizzy Neapolitan pattern paper (American Crafts), sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Love Quotes & Filigree stamp sets (Mama Elephant), Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger), Foam Tape (Scotch), Wood Veneer Stars (Studio Calico) and various Copic markers. 

I also posted a video to my YT channel (AKCaraboo) which shows not only these projects but the other goodies I received from 3 Girl Jam. 
You can check out all the yummy goodies at 3 Girl Jam by clicking right here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Crafting!


Thanks so much Cara.  Your projects are gorgeous.  I hope everyone will leave some bloggy love here and on Cara's blog by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. Cara those muslin bags are just amazing! I have both of those dress stamps and just LOVE them. Your tags are super darling too…I've yet to master a "shaker" project of any sort and I've tried several times. You've inspired me to get on it and make it work. Thanks for sharing these amazing projects with us this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those bags are so COOL. And I love those tags too! Thanks for sharing today!! You totally rocked this guest design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara you have terrific talent in crafting. Your bags are exquisite and I adore those darling little shaker tags so much. Thank you for joining us at 3 Girl JAM as a Guest Designer. It has been a pleasure to peek at your work. New subbie on YouTube also! :) {{crafty hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara your bags and tags are Fabulous!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muslin bags look fabulous and those little shakers are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete