Aug 21, 2012

Sweet and Simple

Hello Crafty Blends
Jessica here today
to share my
project
at
3 Girl JAM

I have been wanting to work
on my CAS style a bit
and still feel like I struggled
to "stop before I got ahead" 
on my card today.

I started with white card stock
and stamped the Bakery Image (by Unity)
onto a separate scrap piece of white cs and colored to match.
(to use as a bottom layer)

I then stamped the Brick Wall (by Unity)background
onto my mint green dp first.
I wanted to give the Bakery a brick wall look,
so I stamped the Bakery image directly on top of it.

I colored a few places in with my Watercolor markers 
to coordinate with the cupcake border
I had already cut using my ekSuccess punch
and other colors I was using on my card.
I fussy cut the awning from the bottom layer Bakery image
because I wanted it to "pop" off the card.

I cut a slit right above the window on the green image, then slid
the fussy-cut awning through and taped it on the back. 
I used a small piece of 3D foam to keep it raised.


The sentiment is also from a Unity stamp set
and after stamping it
I used my Spellbinder Labels die
to cut the scalloped edged rectangle.
I put two eyelets at each of the top corners
so I could thread
through and mimic the OPEN 
sign you see in the window of the Bakery.
I used a fun cupcake brad for the "hanger" on my sign.


On the inside of the card
I used a matching purple cs mat that I rounded the corners with using 
my new corner rounder.
I made a fun bow from the same Iris Crinkle Ribbon
using my
3 Girl JAM Bow Maker
(man, how I love that thing!!!!!!!)
I added a few more punched cupcakes
and stopped!!!

I am so happy you stopped 
into
3 Girl JAM today
and feel
free to pop over to my blog for more
links and details!

Keep Crafting
:O)
Jessica

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card! And yay for working that CAS.

    Now THAT's exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Card! I Like the cupcakes and sentiment. AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great cupcakes! Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love all the details:)

    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE it! The sentiment is so true! Great Job Jessica!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card! Those cupcakes look very yummy!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria

    ReplyDelete