May 12, 2014

"I Love You Berry Much"

Good morning.  I really hope you had a great Mother's Day.  This is Cheri from DJ's Sundries and mine was berry good - even though I worked.  I wanted to share a sneak peak of the gift I made for my grandmother.  I know it looks like a card, and it is a card, but it is the card that goes with the large set of cards that I made to send to her.  I think it will be the perfect gift for a person who has nearly everything she really wants.  Have you ever though of using cards as gifts?  Think about it, nearly everyone sends cards or notes to their friends and families.  Cards can be quite expensive, so a package of ready made cards can really be helpful to an elderly person on a fixed income.  Of course, any card can be more special when you add some 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon.  I grabbed the pink ribbon from the brand new Tie Dye 2 bundle to make mine special.


Does special have to mean complicated or time consuming?  Absolutely not!  Though you can spend lots of time making something beautiful, sometimes you can whip it together with just a few simple supplies, a little bit of time, and a whole lot of love.  I used the supplies from a card kit from SEI, some ATG, foam tape, and the gorgeous ribbon and put this together.

Have you entered the May challenge on the 3 Girl JAM challenge blog yet?  This month is "Anything Goes with Ribbon" and we really mean anything goes.  Head on over here to check out the rules and then head to the 3 Girl JAM store to stock up on ribbon and flair to make your own great projects.  Be sure to use the code "CP10" to get a great discount.

Interested in seeing the rest of the cards I made in the set?  I believe there are 22 more.  Just head over to DJ's Sundries and check out the video that shows all of them.

4 comments:

  1. 23 cards for your grandma? She'll be over the moon thrilled! I love giving handmade cards in gift boxes for gifts. People love them! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Cheri and I am sure your grandma will love this set of cards. I do this too for gifts and such...great way to share some crafty love and save some money as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a manager at a Hallmark store for several years so I can understand very well the cost of purchasing cards. I love giving card sets as gifts…this is a beautiful way to share your love of creating. So pretty, Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri- i adore this card how fun! I love the strawberries and the ribbon the sentiment is perfect as well!! Great Job friend! What a great gift to give I am sure she will love love love all of the cards!!! loves-Madge

    ReplyDelete