Jan 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Good morning everyone.  I trust you are having a great start to this new year.  This is Cheri from DJ's Sundries and I have a secret.  OK it's not really a secret, but 22 years ago I started out the new year right.  I married my best friend on January 1.  Why we chose that date is a bit of a story, so we will skip that for now and get on to the project.  I really wanted to make my husband a special card.  Hot chocolate and antique white 3 Girl JAM ribbon provided a nice finishing touch.


To make the ribbon medallion, I pulled out my 2" Fiskars circle punch, and my 1" Martha Stewart circle punch.  I punched a 2" circle out of a scrap of card stock and then punched the middle out using the 1" punch.  I twisted the antique white ribbon around the disk and glued it down with Scotch Quick Dry.  I then folded a piece of hot chocolate ribbon in half and added the accent color.  The "P" was stamped on a piece of Paper Trey Ink Vintage Cream card stock using a CTMH monogram stamp and Iced Spruce distress ink.  Since I don't have a 1 1/4" circle punch, I just cut around the monogram and glued it down using Scotch Quick Dry.

Other supplies I used include:
MME - Cowboy 6X6 paper
"Positive Thoughts" stamp set from  K. Andrew Designs
"Kite Tails" stamp set by October Afternoon (on the inside of the card)
12X12 piece of card stock from my stash (cut in half)

I have a video posted on my blog as well as a picture of the inside of the card.  Please go to DJ's Sundries to find out more.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you can take some time to enjoy the little things.

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! This is beautiful! Love the circle of ribbons with the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The momogram is a great idea. Happy Anniversary! --c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!Very Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary :) great card love the ribbon idea thanks for sharing the how to :)

    ReplyDelete